Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year's Letter from a Dying Friend


This letter is shared here with the author's permission 
Goodbye 2015….Hello 2016!

I’m not sure how this is going to go, but it’s something I’ve been struggling with for the past 6 months and ‘don’t want to continue. I want the freedom to bring my friends into my realm and have them understand why I haven’t seen or talked to them lately.

Also, it means a lot to me to offer another view of living and dying. Or who knows, this may be the prevalent way and others just haven’t found the need to express it.

I have hesitated to share this news with so many people because I didn’t want them to feel sad, or feel like I’m being overly dramatic. I understand they have all experienced death with a family member or close friend who may have chosen to deal with it privately. I understand as much as anyone could. But as you know, that’s not me.


(If you want to write a few words to the author, you can do so through David Elpern.)


No comments:

Post a Comment